Friday 9 October 2009

Iroquois (4)


These are my first new indians for almost 2 years. When I painted the various Perry Miniatures packs over the summer of 2007 I left out the pack of bow-armed figures for some reason (and I see I forgot to post pics of one of the other packs). I've been meaning to paint figures these for a while and the other week the urge to do arrived. I don't worry too much about the skin tone of native Americans - my feeling is that, whilst some people manage to catch the darker/redder look very well, the difference in skintone is not something I think makes much difference in 25mm. Also, I have my recipe for flesh and wouldn't really know how to start amending it for "redskin" skin. The figures are based on 25mm x 25mm squares, which is the standard frontage and depth for skirmishers in the "British Grenadier!" rules

Once again, I apologies for the rather dull nature of the photos. I'm just not getting the lighting right at the moment, which I hope is due to the changing autumnal sky rather than anything I'm inadvertently doing myself. I might try experimenting with artificial lighting. Next up, lots more First Carlist War and I've started work on another AWI British line battalion.

6 figures. Painted September 2009.





7 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Nice work Giles...

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Ahh,more mini's from my favorite blog!:-)They look nice Giles.I need to do some Indians myself as I really like the Perry and Conquest lines.

Andrew said...

These look good! I have only just settled on a European flesh paint treatment myself, so I too am not sure what do do with Indians. This week I am painting Brigade Games King Philip's War Indians. I'll have to do bunch in full-body black/red war paint (so I can avoid the natural skin color).

Peeler said...

Yep, quality again and as always!

Sire Godefroy said...

Good lord, Indians! As one might expect, great work again. Recently I've decided to paint up some American Natives for an ongoing FIW project. Your miniatures are a valuable inspiration.

Cheers
SG

honkingweasel said...

really nice, particularly like the variety of war paint used

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

I think your highlighting does a good enough job of making them look 'native' enough. The face paint work is an excellent detail.